Russel M. Nelson
said: "Blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion..., for
they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they
endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall
be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb."
I
come to you pleading to share with each other our great talents. To
connect and bond and grow together so we are connected in a way that
only sisters can be. If I want to do something crafty, I feel
inadequate. If I want to learn something I know little about, I want
someone to teach me.
Julie B. Beck, Relief
Society general president said: "You have had every opportunity poured
into you so that your gifts and talents and abilities will be built and
strengthened. And why do you think the Lord gave you that
opportunity?... All the talents and abilities that have been poured into
the sisters of the church up to this time are going to be required to
help build the kingdom."
The love is here in
our ward, I can feel our sisterhood so eager to spring out and wrap it's
arms around each other. Sisters, I am begging for your support to bring
our ward together, to share with one another, to become true sisters in
the gospel. I can feel a love of the gospel in our ward and I again
Plead with you to share the gifts that the Lord has given each one of
you with just one sister. If we start small and gain the courage and
strength to expand our own horizons we will be able to lift up each of
our spirits, lift up each of our hearts and grow together as a unit in
the love of the gospel and true service.
Little by little, line upon line and precept upon precept we can change how we look at unity, support and love. When you think about praying for a sister, do so, then go do something special for her. When you feel the need to hug a sister, do so (even if you think they'll wonder what we're doing) they may have been praying for that very thing! If we're prompted by the Holy Ghost to go and do, then Go and Do. I have always wondered if that still small voice is my own or the Holy Ghost. Last week I heard something that changed how I view that difference. It doesn't matter if it's our own voice or the spirit of the Holy Ghost, it only matters that we Act upon it. Now let each one of us Go and Do, Live and Learn and find our sweet sisters who need to be gathered and lifted up (I assure you, each one of us needs this) we need the love and support of one another, our sisters, in the gospel to help us return to our loving home, to our Heavenly Father, with honor.
Little by little, line upon line and precept upon precept we can change how we look at unity, support and love. When you think about praying for a sister, do so, then go do something special for her. When you feel the need to hug a sister, do so (even if you think they'll wonder what we're doing) they may have been praying for that very thing! If we're prompted by the Holy Ghost to go and do, then Go and Do. I have always wondered if that still small voice is my own or the Holy Ghost. Last week I heard something that changed how I view that difference. It doesn't matter if it's our own voice or the spirit of the Holy Ghost, it only matters that we Act upon it. Now let each one of us Go and Do, Live and Learn and find our sweet sisters who need to be gathered and lifted up (I assure you, each one of us needs this) we need the love and support of one another, our sisters, in the gospel to help us return to our loving home, to our Heavenly Father, with honor.
No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments will be reviewed prior to posting (to make sure it is actually related and not "spam" from robots) to the blog; don't worry if it doesn't show up immediately.